Monday 2 May 2011

Day 13: A Really Exhusting Walk

That morning, I was scared walking down the road towards the starting point. I found out the place we were walking to was called Rawnsley Bluff, overlooking Wilpena Pound. When we got to the starting point and saw the cliff we were climbing, I was ready to turn back when I realized dad had already started walking, I didn’t have a choice. When we got to the bottom of the mountain I was so tired I could hardly move, but there was still a long way to go so we kept moving. We had a couple of rest stops and kept moving while drinking and eating. We eventually made it and the view was stunning and we got to write in a visitor’s booklet that was under a big rock. We were surprised at how many people had been there before us, we wrote our names in there then headed back down. When we got about halfway down we saw some people going up the mountain, we said hello then kept walking. A little while after we went past the people, I slipped and dangerously hurt my knee, but I was ok. We saw a couple more people on the way down. We eventually made it down and walked the extra kilometre to get home, back to Rawnsley. After we got back we said to mum we were going to the pool to cool off. We got to the pool and went through the gate and waited for either one of us to jump in. We waited for about a minute before dad threw me in. It was freezing; when I surfaced I went straight to the other side to get out. Dad jumped in after I got out on the other side, and he got straight out to. We went straight back to the caravan and tried to fool mum into going in to the pool by saying it was very warm and relaxing. After that we went out to go sightseeing. We went up this big that overlooked the whole road. Me and Rosie raced mum and dad back down the hill. Me and Rosie won. When we were on our way home, we saw some really good firewood to make a fire with, so we got out and collected it up so we could have a fire. When we got back I went to set up the fire and got it started. After I got it started we sat around it and started having dinner. I went to bed straight after dinner; it was Easter the next day, so it was going to be exciting.

Written by Sean Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment