Sunday 29 May 2011

Day 34: Nearly There

Today we were going to get to Alice Springs. We left Finke River 10am. On the way we went to see Dinky the singing dingo at Stuarts Well. We went into the roadhouse to find the owner of Dinky so we could ask him if we could see Dinky's perrformance. We found the owner and asked him exactly that. He said that would be fine so he went to get Dinky from the pool area and sat him next to the piano. Dinky gave me a kiss on the cheek and then he got up onto the piano and started howling while stamping his feet on the keys. The owneer asked me if I would like to play the piano with him and I did. So I went to sit on the seat right in fron tof the piano and started to play with Dinky (I wasn't allowed to touch him though). After his performance he gave me another kiss on the cheek before jumping off the piano. We said thank you to the owner and went to the other part of Stuarts Well, the camel farm. When we got there mum and I went straight into the barn. We boght a couple of souveniers and mum asked how much a camel ride was. It was pretty cheap so mum let me have a ride throuhg the yard. We went out to the barn where the camels were and the lady got me on a camel and we started walking. I founf out thatg the camel that I was riding was the winning camel of the 2011 camel race. We started to run the last few metres before me getting off the camel and saying thank you. We got back int he car and back on the road. We got to Alice Springs 2 hours later and we had a look around. WE found the information centre and went in to find out where we could stay. We eneded up staying 9km out of town at Waangardi Caravan Park. We settled inot our spot away from everyone and then went back to town to do a little bit of shopping. We came back to our camp later and we went into the van to watch a movie and play UNO. At about 8.30pm the boys went to bed in their tent so we decided we woudl hit the hay.

Written by Sean Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment