Monday 2 May 2011

Day 20: Finally, Lake Eyre


After we all got up and had breakfast, Rosie started barking for some reason, so we let her out to explore. After about 5 minutes I got over protective and went looking. I eventually found her and picked her up to go back. But when I looked up I looked danger in the eye and saw a dingo heading right towards me and Rosie. Luckily, it stopped at about 3 metres away from us and that gave me and Rosie the opportunity of a lifetime to get back to the van. After me and Rosie got back I explained that there was a dingo just outside. It came right up to the door to sniff us out. After it went away and we were certain it was gone, dad and I went out to check. Fortunatly, it had gone into the paddock with the sculptures in it so it was gone. We finished packing up and got back on the road before that dingo came back. When we were about 10km away from our spot for the night whe we started seeing Lake Eyre, it was a stunning sight. It was about 10:30am before we got to Lake Eyre and alot of people were already there and we had to find a spot to park the caravan. We found a little place on top of a mound overlooking most of Lake Eyre. It was so cool that dad and I went to the water and swam in Lake Eyre, Rosie came to and she was so dirty after. When me and dad came back from our little dip, we had to wash ourselves with water. After our wash we sat down outside and waited for sunset, but we missed it cause we were busy. When it was time for dinner, we set ourselves up and ate outside looking over Lake Eyre, it was beautiful. After dinner we went straight to bed.

Written by Sean Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment