Sunday 29 May 2011

Day 33: Goodbye Kings Canyon

Today we were leaving Kings Canyon and heading for Alice Springs. We packed up and got on the road to go to Kathleen Springs. We eventually got to Kathleen Springs and went on the 1.2km walk. We got to the end of the walk and there was a waterhole(dout anyone would go swimming today). We started heading back and when we got back we got straight back on the road. About 300km down the road we stopped at Finke River where we decided to stay the night. We backtracked about 6km and then turned off to go to the Meteor Craters. When we got there we did the 1km walk around them, they were pretty cool. After that we went back to the campsite to get set up. When we got back I took Rosie down to the river to have a run. After our run we went to cook dinner. We ended up having dinner around a fire with lots of people. I got bored so I took Rosie back down to the river for another run. I met some people that were going to Broom but going down the bottom of Western Australia and going up, so I was sure we would meet again. After our second run on the river, Rosie and I went to bed.
Written by Sean Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment