Sunday 29 May 2011

Day 41: Scout Camp Day 1

Today I woke up in a tent at scout camp day one. We all got out of our tents (excpet for the girls) and we had cereal for breakfast. After brekky we rigged up the yachts. After we got them set up the leaders said we had to clean up our tents before we culd have a turn ( there was no wind yet). When the wind picked up we all went out to the yachts to get one. I went in a double with a boy named Patrick (crazy driver). I eventually got a single yacht and I went a lot faster without the weight of another person. I did some drifs and I nearly crashed into a leader, Wombara. After our yacht ride we all had morning tea which was fruit and biscuits. After morning tea we were allowed to get back on the yachts( I got the single one again). After about 1hr of yachting we all went in to have lunch - hot dogs. After lunch we were split into 2 groups so we could do different things. One group had to build the washing basin, the other had to build the flagpole. I was in the group building the washing basin. We eventually completed the basin and once again we were allowed on the yachts. This time I got a double with Marcus. He was really happy with my driving and wanted to stay with me, but eventually I swapped with Daniel to get the single but I was soon kicked off by the patrol leaders. I was partnered with Marcus again. I did a few drifts and nearly crashed again. It was afternoon tea by the time we finished which was same as morning tea. We all started building the fire and the shelter for the food. After the shelter was built everyone helped digging the fire pit. It was dinner time when we finished and mum had cooked dinner for us. After dinenr we all started the fire and sat around singing songs. We also played a game called "red faces"( it was called that casue whenever you did a skit you embarrassed yourself and your faced turned red). We sang a couple more songs before going back to our tents and going to bed.

Written by Sean Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment