Sunday 29 May 2011

Day 44: Leaving Alice Springs

Today we were going to leave a beautiful place called Alice Springs. We had fun in Alice Springs, going shopping and going sight seeing. My favourite part of Alice Springs was probably the Reptile Cntre, seeing all the animals and learning about them at the same time. We are now heading off to Glen Helen Resort which is in the West Mc Donald Rangs right next to everything such as Redbank Gorge, Mt Sonder and Gosse Bluff. When we got there we settled in and then thought about what we were going to do the next day as sight seeing. We thought we'd go to Redbank Gorge, Mt Sonder Lookout and Orminston Gorge. After we'd finished discussing about what we'd do the next day, we all went down to Glen Helen Gorge which is right next to our campsite. We found out that to get to the actual gorge you had to swim the rest of the way, so dad and I went exploring. We eventually found a perfect spot to do a rock skimming competition, so dad challenged me. Dad won by getting 10 skips while I got 6 skips. After that we got dinner ready whle watching Home Alone. After we had dinner we decided to watch Home Alone 2. Dad went to bed half way through the movie and read, me and mum finished watching the movie and mum let me have my Ds in bed while she went to bed and watched Crocodile Dundee. It was going to be a fun day the next day, I could feel it.

Written by Sean Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment