Friday 3 June 2011

Day 52: The Devils Marbles

Today we were going to go to the Devils Marbles around 100km from Tennant Creek. We got up early that morning and got back on the road. Our first stop was Wycliffe Well, the UFO capital of the world. It's the UFO capital because the most UFO's have been spotted here, so the walls were covered in paintings of Aliens and stuff.


We went into the shop and bought a couple of things before getting back on the road to the Devils Marbles. We stopped at a place called Wauchope and had a rest. Dad and I went for a race to the top of this big pile of small stones, I won only by an inch.


We eventually got to the Devils Marbles and set up camp for the night.


When we'd gotten set up we just kicked backed and relaxed while reading in the warm sun for a couple of hours. It was about 2:00 before I decided to go for a walk through the marbles while dad went to collect fire wood. I found a path that lead up the side of the highest rocks right near the campsite so mum could take a photo of me.


I also found a little relaxing spot on top of a rock while there was another rock on top of it, I'm not going to you the exact location because it was my little area. When I got back it was almost 5:00 so dad and I got the fire ready. We cooked potatoes, onions and sausages on the fire while we made salad inside the van. We had dinner at 8:30 before going to bed.

Written by Sean Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment